Protective gear is clothing, equipment and other wearables that ensure safety in the workplace, both from physical harm and from substances and harmful vapours.
Protective gear can or must be worn for occupational health and safety as well as for recreational activities.
Using protective gear
- Make sure all your equipment have the necessary CE approval
- Make sure to always use the right size of equipment
- If multiple protective gear is used at the same time, make sure they fit together
- Train employees in correct use of protective gear
- Make sure employees understand why protective gear is necessary
Maintaining protective gear
- Make sure to store protective gear in a suitable environment
- If the equipment is re-usable make sure to properly clean it after use
- Always use the right, original replacement parts
- Keep replacement gear and parts available
- Instantly remove and discard damaged gear